Tuesday 5 April 2011

~ seeing double ~

Now that I have my camera back, I'm trying to catch up with everything I missed in the last 3 weeks. We're now in week 6 at Picture Inspiration, and so far, I managed exactly two of the prompts (i.e. week 1 and 2). Today, I read through the weekly inspiration message for this week, and realised that I had just the perfect photo for this week's prompt "seeing double".


I went on an early morning walk around a lake nearby and the surface of the lake was so calm and smooth that the woods along it were perfectly reflected on it. The colours aren't exactly very pretty at the moment, with everything still rather brown and bare and only just starting to turn green and coming into bloom, so a little bit of post processing experimenting was perfect with these shots. In the above picture, I tried to achieve a vintage 1970s effect, following an e-course lesson.

In the image below, I used a scratchy texture technique to enhance the "old black and white photo feel".


So there are still weeks 3, 4 and 5 to catch up. Hope I'll manage over the weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment