Friday 9 September 2011

Cathy, it's me, Heathcliff...

Being still very determined, I took again some time to sit down with my sketchbook on Sunday to draw a little bit. I'm really enjoying it, even though again my version is not really an exact copy of the model in the magazine. But I'm learning to lower my own expectations, and give myself time. And, even though it might not resemble the original exactly, it does at least look like a male face. And for the moment, that's quite good enough for me.


This guy actually makes me smile, each time I look at the sketch. It's how I would imagine a modern version of Heathcliff to look like. But maybe that's just an excuse to post that wonderful video of The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain's version of 'Wuthering Heights'. If you ever get the chance to see them live in concert, do! They're absolutely fabulous! And their version of 'Wuthering Heights' is just so much better than the original :).

2 comments:

  1. He does look like a modern Heathcliff! Great job. The good news is, I have no idea what he was supposed to look like, so I just see him as he is. And he is a really interesting character, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look like a rugged, almost dangerous young man! Great sketch. I can't believe I haven't heard of the Ukulele Orchestra - what fun and talent - you can't help but smile!

    ReplyDelete