Friday 2 December 2011

Picture Inspiration Catch Up

The days and weeks just fly by at the moment, and I have so many things I want and try to do, that I never quite seem to manage to keep up with everything, as with Picture Inspiration. But although I've been bad with keeping up posting, both here and in the forum, I have been taking pictures all the time. So here's a bit of a catch up of the last four weeks:

Week 37: Texture love. In week 37 we were exploring textures, that is post processing photos with the use of texture images. Which is something I love and have been doing a lot, even though not so much recently. The mist on that Saturday morning made the shore on the other side of Lake Zürich completely disappear, leaving the little sailing boats looking a little lost and giving the whole scene a sort of timeless feel. I used three different textures to enhance this feel, two by Shadowhouse Creations, and one by Flypaper Textures.


Week 38: A Delicate Balance. The task was to find a delicate balance between image and texture. It was a grey morning, and I loved how the mist hung in between the colourful trees. However, the original picture was rather bland and boring, and needed some processing to bring out the colours. Apart from the usual levels, saturation and light adjustments, I used a subtle texture by Shadowhouse Creations to make the autumn colours shine and to add to the texture of the trees, without making the additional texture too obvious.


Week 39: Leaving Textures. We were leaving texture processing and were focusing on mere texture alone, which the season offers in abundance at this time of year. The leaves all around were of course perfect for this prompt. Not only are they in itself full of texture, but they cover the ground with a blanket of texture as well.


Week 40: Grateful Day. We don't have Thangsiving over here, but this does not mean that we don't have a lot of things to be grateful for, big and small, essential and trivial. So what am I thankful for? There are things I take for granted but which aren't really so self-evident, things that could be better - but also a lot worse, things I worked hard for and deserve, and things where I'm really just lucky, little luxuries that simply make me feel good. Among the last is the fact that, despite my job and long daily commute and all the other every day stuff, I still find time and energy to be creative. And it add so much value to my life.


We received the prompt for Week 41 yesterday. And this one is really going to be a challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous photography. Nice to see you're still out there with your camera. I think the most important part of that first photo is the red buoy right at the bottom of the shot. It's just the perfect colour balance against all the grey, but doesn't steal all the limelight. The second photo of the autumn woods is delightful, especially when I looked at the large version.

    Now I can't wait to find out what this mysterious new challenge is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nigel. I really admire how you manage to take so many pictures each week, and process and post them on Flickr, and doing such a wonderful job of it! I never seem to find the time to sit down at my computer and process them, it always takes so much time. But I'm definitely still very happy with my camera, and wouldn't miss it for the world! I still haven't come up with something for this week's challenge though...

    ReplyDelete