Friday 23 August 2013

Be the unique you

A quick journal page, which I did mainly to use up some paint, and to try out some new markers. An idea popped into my mind, an image, which led to this page. I love how pages in my art journal just develop, by themselves.


Don't become a part of the anonymous mass, but be yourself. Belief in yourself, and follow your own path, your passion to become who you want to be.



Be true to yourself, be the unique you. It can be hard work to follow that path, to find the voice to express yourself, to make and follow your choices, and make your dreams come true. But it's a path well worth pursuing. And keep, and keep going.


I bought these new pens a few weeks ago. They're acrylic paint markers, with a broad flat nip that allows you to make lines from fine to broad. They come in two sizes, these are the smaller ones. The bigger ones seem a bit too broad for my liking. But I like the lines you make with this size. Perfect for adding doodles, marks, drawings, writing... I'll have to get some more colours soon.


Linking up to the wonderful Paint Party Friday, a wonderful place filled with unique artist. Be sure to pop over and have a look!

23 comments:

  1. Fantastic pages! I love the colors you selected, and the little leaves!
    Also thanks for the review on the acrylic markers, I been meaning to try them, I love pens like that!
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful colors in your journal! I love this colours. Thank you for the tip with These acrylic paint markers. ♥
    Happy PPF and have a fine weekend!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours... they are so fresh and clean... I am going to hunt down some of those paint markers... they look like fabulous fun...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages, love how you used the markers! <3 True sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the looks of those markers... they sound fabulous... and gorgeous art journal page... and post...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uniquely brilliant. Love the colours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful journal page. I love the pens and will definitely look out for some of those!! Thanks for sharing:) HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good piece of advice, thank you!
    Love the pages too, very soft beautiful color tones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous pages in one of my most favorite colours. Love the message behind this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages Kay! I love these colours! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page and I love seeing the Liquitex paint markers...I haven't tried those yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like these pages - the colours you used are gorgeous for starters and the concept is really wonderful - I like the idea of not following the herd. You have also answered a question that was niggling me. I recently wondered if such a thing as acrylic paint pens existed as I wanted to be able to draw fine black outlines an find brushes a bit fiddly as the flow of paint isn't constant. I searched online and couldn't find quite what I was looking for - now I know they exist!! Thank you - can I ask where did you get them (Please say Amazon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thanks for the info on Acrylic paint pens. I too have been wanting them. Guess I'll have to send for some. Need to find out where to order them from. Dick Blick may carry them. Love your page and the message it sends. Great job. Can you please let us know where you bought the pens? Thank you.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pages!!Love all your doodling with the paint pens-I didn't know Liquitex made these but I'll be looking for them now :) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use the white paint marker for making highlights. It's wonderful to see how they can be incorporated into much more complex and beautiful works. I love that the individual is still so close to the crowd and only a change in position and attitude has made her glow. I love that she has an aura of green vines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great concept to post with your beautiful journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your people - their shape is very evocative.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been saying this to my daughter since she was a toddler...beautiful artwork, I just love the colors and movement!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the beautiful journal page you have created. And I love the sentiment behind it! Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those markers look so appealing...you are right, we can only really be TRUE to ourselves. I really like your cool and yet warm aqua colour scheme.
    Fantastic journal page!
    xx

    ReplyDelete